Health problems due to Vitamin D Deficiencyvijeth
Yet, even without symptoms, too little vitamin D can pose health risks.
Vitamin D deficiency can occur for a number of reasons:
- You don’t consume the recommended levels of the vitamin over time.
- Your exposure to sun light is limited.
-Your kidneys cannot convert vitamin D to its active form. (As people grow older, their kidneys are less able to convert vitamin D to its active form, thus increasing the risk of vitamin deficiency).
Low levels of the Vitamin D have been associated with the following health problems:
- Weaker Bones
- Increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Cognitive impairment in older adults
- Severe asthma in children
Get your Vitamin D levels tested today at Medray Diagnostic Centre.